Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sweet Shot Tuesday

Yes, I know today is Wednesday, not Tuesday, but hey, better late than never, right? So, I haven't gotten my camera out every day this week (I know, 1000 lashes with a wet noodle), but I did get it out a few times to play around. :o)

I'm still working on getting the white balance right. For some reason it's hard to see the difference while looking at the pictures on the teeny-tiny screen on the back of my camera. But I am getting better, lol! I've also been playing around with some of the other settings on my camera, like portrait and black & white.

Another thing I've been trying is manual focus. I fight with my auto-focus CONSTANTLY! For some reason it never wants to focus where I want it to and I can't tell you the number of great shots I've missed because I can't get the camera to focus where I want. Or the number of pictures I delete cause it's focused on some random object and not the subject. {sigh} Then, recently, a friend posted on FB that her next "lesson" would be manual focus. BRILLIANT! Why didn't I think of that?!? If I focus manually, I don't have to fight with the auto-focus! (Yes, I am a little slow sometimes, lol). And now I've decided I need to get my eyes checked! Now that I've downloaded my memory card to the computer, I'm discovering that several of my shots are actually out of focus. {sigh} I guess I just can't win.

Anyhow, here are a couple that did turn out decently :o)

Can you tell she was eating grape lafy-tafy? LOL.

This is my cousin's beautiful new baby. She's three weeks old. They came over for a visit yesterday and the lighting in my living room was HORRIBLE!!! I actually resorted to using the flash {gasp!} to take pictures of my girls holding her! They were coming out either too dark or with the white balance all wrong, even on auto! {sigh} For this one I actually switched the camera to B&W and it turned out pretty decent. I like the B&W feature, I'll have to play with it a little more :o)

Well, that's all for this week. For more "Sweet Shots" visit Darcey @Life With My 3 Boybarians.

Sweet Shot Day

Blessings,
Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

 
Background Papers and Embellishments Created by Marie Stones