Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Pillow Case Dress :o)

After making an outfit for Peanut to wear in my brothers wedding (that girl REFUSES to wear a dress {sigh}) I got bit by the creating bug :o) So I decided to sew a pillow case dress for Munchkin.

It was super easy. And I thought the heart applique made it a little more "fun".

Then I decided to make a pillow case dress for Bits.

* Disclaimer - Getting my 1yo monkey to stay still long enough for a picture is virtually impossible! So I apologize in advance for the poor quality pictures :o)

I did bring the sides in a little on hers. I was afraid it would look too much like she was wearing a bag if I didn't, lol. I also added a ruffled "pocket" to the front. I then threaded a ribbon through the pocket and it ties in the back.

Here is the back.

I was still feeling creative so I decided to make another dress for Bits.
I made the bodice out of a pillow case and then the skirt is the skirt off an old bedskirt!

I'm also contemplating making another, more elaborate dress for Munchkin. It's a little more involved though, so I'm a little nervous not having a pattern! It will be made from scraps and such I have laying around.........Which I probably wont use for anything else........So I probably should just go for it. There, I talked myself into it ;-) I'll keep you updated on how it goes!

Blessings,
Photobucket

1 comment:

Tina Hollenbeck said...

Wow, I'm impressed. I have NO sewing talent.

 
Background Papers and Embellishments Created by Marie Stones