Monday, May 11, 2009

Life, Lay-offs and Prayers

Life has been challenging the last few months. The company my husband works for has been struggling (it's construction). Work has been scarce and paychecks have been low. I've been learning how to cut the food budget and how to do without. I have to admit, it hasn't been totally fun. After all, I really like MEAT, lol. The plus side is, I have been learning to cook from scratch, which is healthier. I've also learned how to menu plan, so now I enjoy my time in the kitchen, I'm not stressed trying to figure out what to make, lol. I do have moments were I panic and imagine we are on the brink of loosing our house and living under a bridge! But, then I feel the Lords calm hand I my shoulder and I remember to "let go and let God" (thanks Mom!). Thankfully those moments are fewer and farther between and seem to not last as long.

Hubby has the possibility of another job, but it would mean a career change. He currently works for an excavation company and this new opportunity would be in a mortgage office. He would be a mortgage banker. The hard part will be the fact that it is hard to make money while in training. But, since he's not really making anything right now, we figure we don't have much to loose, lol. We are trying to spend time with the Lord and seek His guidance on this. The couple who have offered him the opportunity are Christians also, so they understand that this isn't a decision that should be made on a whim. We would appreciate any prayers during this time.

Blessings,

Glennda

1 comment:

Susan said...

I'll be praying the Lord lead your family. It is tough to see the light at the end of the tunnel. But He is a provider and your family will do just fine with whatever path he lays before you. OH, I hear you on the meal planning and budget cuts. With our two house situation my budget has been cut quite a bit too and it is hard. I only buy chicken and ground beef, and not much at that.

 
Background Papers and Embellishments Created by Marie Stones